Wednesday, May 29, 2013

THE WINNING CUPCAKE

The company I work for just celebrated its 50 year anniversary with an employee cupcake war. (I know! I know! We are just SO fun!!!) With nearly 30 entries and over 300 taste testers, the recipe below took the cake... literally! I about died when the girl told us it was from a box.  (shhhh... we aren't telling a lot of people that since I am pretty sure the rest of the contestants stayed up late the night before making them from scratch.)  Part of me was like "That is total crap!" but the more sensible part of me was like "Smart girl! Give me that recipe!"

WHITE CHOCOLATE LEMON CUPCAKES
(Photo credit: Gena Larson Photography)

Ingredients:
Betty Crocker Lemon Poppyseed Muffin Mix
Lemon Creme (I used Duncan Heins)
Whipped Cream (or cool whip)
White Chocolate (I buy the bars in the baking section)

Directions:
1. Bake muffins as directed.  Let cool.
2. Carve out a piece in the center.  (I used a potato peeler.)
3. Fill center with lemon creme.  (I filled a frosting bag and cut the tip off to fill them.)
4. Spread whipped cream on top.
5. Shave chocolate.  (I used a cheese grater.)
6. Dip and roll cupcake in the chocolate shavings.
7. Enjoy the cupcake and all its simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment